Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

True Life: I am a Product Junkie

Ok so remember when I said I was going to curb the PJ-ism? Well uh, that hasn't really happened yet. Yesterday I bought some products...and they are fabulous. But I feel kind of bad because I haven't really put any type of effort into trying to curb the addiction. Damn my guilty conscious, but its whatever...

Anyway here is a quick review of some of the products that I found:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In



I have heard about this product all over natural hair boards and even seen it in a few ladies fotki accounts, and they all say that it is the TRUTH. And I agree with them 100%. In an attempt to straighten my hair (please don't scorn me) I used some of this after I did a DC, on damp hair, and then blow dried, my hair THANKED me! It smells so good, the only thing that got me was the price (around $7). I did buy it from CVS, so that may have had something to do with it. But I am in love, and it didn't take a lot to get my hair completely moisturized either. This product may become a staple for me.


Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Sleek and Shine Serum



Now this product I have been eyeing for a while. I needed something that was going to protect my hair from heat, and I wasn't sure if this was the right thing to use, but I used it to flat iron anyway. The smell is something to get used to, it is not a bad smell per se, it's fruity (like most of Garnier's products) and lingers for a while after you use it. I read reviews that said it left the hair feeling greasy, but I didn't get any greasy feeling from it. Instead I got soft and smooth hair. I also did a test, I waited for a while for the product to settle in and then I went outside into the humid air NO FRIZZY POOFY HAIR! I am not too sure that I got a lot of shine from this, but I did get some. I would use it in moderation though, it does come out greasy and feels greasy to the touch, but there is not greasy residuey feeling left over. I am going to also try this when I do my twist outs. ^_^

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment