Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Box Braids

As promised, I braided my hair today! It took forever, which I figured it would, and I have my reason on believing why, but more on that later. 

What I did was clarify with Suave Clarifying Shampoo (love this stuff) and deep conditioned with an avocado hair mask recipe I got from Youtube. I left that in for about an hour and then rinsed it out.

Then I proceeded to braid my hair. With each braid, I detangled, applied some Herbal Essences Totally Twisted to my whole strand I was braiding, and sealed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I am pretty sure that is what took me so long -- taking the time to care for each little braid -- but it gave me something to do today! And I am so glad I got the protective styling thing underway. I am hoping they can stay in for about two weeks, maybe more. I am going to have to learn to keep my hands out of my hair and wrap my hair at night everynight. 

Enough chit-chat. Here are some pictures: 






No comments:

Post a Comment