Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lately I have been trying to research as much as possible about hair styles, hair care, and maintenance so that when I do cut my hair I will have some knowledge under my belt. Some things I do want to try on my hair when I BC are shealoe (rave reviews all over nappurality and fotki albums), shea butter, and aloe vera gel as moisturizers. Anyone ever tried these?

I haven't combed my hair since Tuesday. What I did was clarify my hair with Suave Clarifying shampoo, did a DC overnight with Africa's Best Organic Hair mayonnaise, rinsed, applied some ORS Lock and Twist Gel and Cantu Shea Butter Leave In, and sealed with an oil/water mixture. Then I proceeded to do four french braids in my hair (2 in the front/on the sides and 2 in the back). My hair came out extra soft and nice. I redid those and have been wearing it ever since. Here is a picture :



ECCCK. Sorry for the black box in the first picture and my ugly face in the last one. I was very tired...

I have been wearing that since Thursday-ish. So its Saturday, that makes three days. I want to wear it until Tuesday and then do a wash. It's turned out pretty ok. I want to try braids (with my own hair) for a week just to have some type of protective style, but I highly think they will last because my hair itches when I have any type of braids in my hair for over two days.

J.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Shea Aloe, but shea butter and aloe vera gel are some of my staple products so I think it would work fine. I totally support no-combing...combing is extremely overrated. Even when I was relaxed I barely used a comb. My model is "Y search for a comb if I can use my fingers." HHG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a significantly less amount of hair in my drain and on my clothes as I didn't cmb my hair at all last week. Today I washed my hair, and there wasn't hair all over the comb!

    Needless to say, I was excited! lol.

    Where do you buy your shea butter?

    ReplyDelete