Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

TO LOC OR NOT?

I have been contemplating locking my hair for quite some time now. I figured, why not? Its perfect for me! I am a low maintenance girl when it comes to my  hair...and life in general. When I was natural, my hair was either always in a ponytail or always down. Occasionally I would curl it or braid it to get a different look out of boredom with the same plain old look. And as a natural, I am not into creating these extensive styles and such, I just braid or twist my hair for a few weeks and may wear it out. 

So why not locs? 

I want to gain some length before I try to loc my hair. Locs shrink (so my the research has found out) and my hair is already ridiculous when it shrinks as  it is. So, I just want to have something to hold on to while I am taking my journey. 

But then I think about how much easier it would be to go through my last year of college not having to really worry about my hair, but be able to shampoo, oil, and go. When I am in school I neglect my hair as it is, which isn't on purpose, I just don't really worry about my hair because I am so busy in the theater and classes and homework. 

Right now, everything is telling me to loc and I really want to loc. Don't get me wrong, loose hair is awesome and really pretty, but I just don't want to have to deal with all the hair all the time for the rest of my life. I fear I will miss my fro if I lock though.

Hmm. Decisions, decisions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment